Monday 21 April 2014

Loving the new Graph'it alcohol marker pens

Afternoon all,

It is sunny outside and after a long walk in the woods with some good friends I thought I should post my first make on this new blog of mine.

I haven't used backing papers for a long time! I have instead spent a long time down the road of inking and distressing and was happy there; but then I watched Nikky Hall from Polka Doodles on Create and Craft one afternoon demonstrating the Graph'it marker pens and now I'm back firmly in the land of colouring and this meant getting out the stashed away papers and bits to mount my growing pile of creations!

The first one to share is this lovely image from Sherry Baldi's Besties digi images...fabulous images that scream colour me!

I used the following colours for the important bits!
Skin - 4120, 4110, 4170,4155 and 4145 for the cheeks
Hair - 1210, 4170 and 3110



Close up of the illustration


The good thing about Graph'it alcohol pens is there ability to blend, they make it so much easier to blend the tones together than my promarkers and they are a joy to work with.

The trousers and jacket are using Greys!
The Graph'it 92's are a fabulous green grey although more blue/grey to my eyes but blend so great as I think you can see, I have used 9200, 9202 and 9205.

I trimmed the image and using colours from the main design matted and layered them onto a 7"x7" card blank.  7"x7" is my new favourite size for cards, gives me the room of an A5 but I like the square shape, you can layer so much easier and I really like the versatility so if you haven't tried them give them a whirl.

Thank you for reading and another blog will be coming soon xx

Sandie x

Entered into the Colouring Crazy challenge by Graph't markers UK - using greys :)
http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/wk-16-using-greysgraphit-marker.html


7 comments :

  1. Your blog is looking good and your cards and colouring are fab!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you...its scary putting it out there haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw great to hear you are enjoying using the GI markers, fab card too, thanks for joining us at Graph It markers for our 'Greys' challenge. Take care Zo xx (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you...yes I'm really enjoying them, taking some getting used to and I need some new card to play with but they are a dream to work with x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Sandie, fab colouring - great job with your Graph'Its! Thanks for joining our 'Go Grey' challenge at Graph'It
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab make Thanks for joining the challenge at http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk

    hugs and good luck Susan DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little blog, I am massively thankful for every comment received and would love you to be one of my followers (if you aren't already).
Crafty Hugs

Sandie xxx